If you are anything like me, reaching for a book after a long work day just doesn’t happen very often anymore. It’s all about the couch and maybe some reality TV before drifting off to sleep and doing it all over again the next day. Reading has become a luxury. It represents the best parts of summer: laying by the pool or beach (if I’m on vacation), cold drink in hand, and drifting away for a few hours into a new world through a great story in summer beach reads.
Here are the best summer beach reads for this year —
I’ve read these already…
1. Modern Lovers by Emma Straub (author The Vactioneers)
2. The Nest by Cynthia D’Aprix Sweeney
3. Imagine Me Gone by Adam Hassett
4. Queen of the Night by Alexander Chee
On my reading list…
5. First Comes Love by Emily Giffin (author of Something Borrowed and many more, releasing June 28)
6. The Singles Game by Lauren Weisberg (author of The Devil Wears Prada)
7. Eligible by Curtis Sittenfeld (author of Prep)
8. Truly Madly Guilty by Liane Moriarty (author of Big Little Lies, available July 26)
9. Break in Case of Emergency by Jessica Winter
10. Invincible Summer by Alice Adams
Any other books I should add to my list?