If you are anything like me, reaching for a book after a long work day just doesn’t happen very often anymore. It’s all about the couch and maybe some reality TV before drifting off to sleep and doing it all over again the next day. Reading has become a luxury. It represents the best parts of summer: laying by the pool or beach (if I’m on vacation), cold drink in hand, and drifting away for a few hours into a new world through a great story.
Here are the best summer beach reads for this year —
I’ve read these already…
2. The Nest by Cynthia D’Aprix Sweeney
3. Imagine Me Gone by Adam Hassett
4. Queen of the Night by Alexander Chee
On my reading list…
6. The Singles Game by Lauren Weisberg (author of The Devil Wears Prada)
9. Break in Case of Emergency by Jessica Winter
10. Invincible Summer by Alice Adams
Any other books I should add to my list?