Unfortunately, I did not win in the hair gene pool and have been trying for years to find the best products for fine hair. I’ve spent more money on than I care to admit on lotions and potions promising to amp up my locks, but I am happy to report that I’ve finally found six products that I can’t live without.
Best Products for Fine Hair
- Living proof full shampoo – A sulfate-free daily shampoo formulated specifically to care for flat, lifeless hair.
- Living proof full conditioner – An oil-free, silicone-free conditioner formulated specifically to care for fine, thin or lifeless hair.
- Bumble & bumble All-Style Blow Dry – Use a dime size amount to protect and prep your hair for blowing drying.
- Kenra Volume Mousse – Apply a dollop at the roots for a non-sticky root-booster before blow drying your hair.
- Moroccanoil Treatment Light – I always thought oil would weigh down my hair but the ‘Light‘ version of this treatment tames flyaways while keeping the volume. Plus, it smells a-mazing.
- Kevin Murphy Dry Shampoo – For days that I don’t wash my hair (which is pretty infrequent), this dry shampoo gives my hair a much-needed lift.
The products I recommended do cost more than drugstore brands but after years of working at a hair salon in college, I believe in the power of professional products.
If you want to get great results, I think it is worth it to spend a little bit more money. Just make sure your family members aren’t using them too!