Whether you have been following my blog, liking my pictures on Instagram or this is your first time here, I thank you! I thank you because you are supporting me and I sincerely appreciate that.
For the past six years, I have owned a wedding invitation design studio and for the past six months, I have been sharing my outfits, style and life through Everyday Cuvée. Writing a style blog is something I’ve thought about for the past couple years and content I even dabbled with on Courtney Callahan Paper but fear held me back.
I worried that my outfits wouldn’t be good enough, that I wouldn’t inspire people, or that people would think I was crazy for sharing my style when I was supposed to be designing wedding invitations. But after a while, I stopped worrying and leapt into this exciting world of blogging.
It’s been an adventure so far and one that I plan on continuing. So why not take a step back and look at what I want to do better in the months to come?
This month’s blogger linkup by The B Bar asked just that – what are your goals for fall? I looked at these both professionally and personally because I think each area of my life could use a couple reminders and mantras to keep me on track for success!
Fall Goals for my blog:
1. Create meaningful and inspirational content: Visually-appealing photography and well-written copy is something that attracts me to other bloggers and something I strive to bring to my readers with each and every post.
2. Connect with other bloggers: At the Create & Cultivate conference, one of the speakers told the crowd to “surround themselves with like-minded people” and I truly believe that. The wedding industry has given me that opportunity to meet and work with incredibly-driven men and women, but owning my own business has left me slightly insular.
It is so easy to comment on Instagram photos, but much harder for me to show up to an event solo and provide a compliment to someone face-to-face. Its not the compliment part that is challenging, it is being at the event. Does every blogger know each other? Will they critique my follower count? This doubt can get the best of me sometimes when I really should just introduce myself to other people that inspire me, like the same things I like and are looking to make a genuine connection.
3. Treat my blog as a business: Even though I check my stats and make sure I always receive a “good” SEO rating before posting, I need to look at my blog analytically and as a business.
When I started out in the wedding industry, I had to network like crazy, market myself to the industry and clients and learn everything I could about the business. In order to see growth, I need to do the same for Everyday Cuvée. One of the first steps I’m taking is getting a professional analysis of my blog by White Oak Creative to make sure I’ve got the basics down.
4. Connect and collaborate with brands I admire: As a relatively new blogger, this is a huge hurdle that I have to face because I do not have the traffic stats to stand on. However, I do have the commitment, creativity and courage to reach out to brands that I would love to work with.
I have had a few successes and am happy to report that I am working on some really fun collaborations for fall that I can’t wait to share with you.
Fall Goals for my personal life
1. Stay Organized – I always thought of myself as a neat and organized person until I met my husband. Now, it seems that my receipts, clothes and papers continually pile up at every turn. In order to feel calm and ready to conquer my work day, I need to keep my space tidy and am really going to try to maintain order throughout the upcoming hectic months.
2. Stay Motivated – I started taking Shred 415 (a combination running and weights kick-butt class) in June and have seen a serious change in my strength and endurance. I attend class four mornings a week and thanks to their 12-hour cancellation policy, never cancel. Besides training for the marathon, I think this is the longest I have consistently committed to a workout program. Help me stick to it!
3. Travel – An upcoming trip to Northern California has me dreaming of sunshine and adventure. We will be spending a few days in San Francisco then heading to wine country for the rest of the time. It will be my fifth time to the area and know that it will leave me energized and inspired.
Do you have goals for fall? If so, I would love to hear them!
And make sure to read through all of the other posts on the linkup from some amazing bloggers:
Annie Reeves // 26 and Not Counting // Alyssa J Freitas // Carly Blogs //Feathers and Stripes // Carrie Loves // White Oak Creative // Sequins & Strawberries // Pieced Together // PreppyPanache // Knowing Kelly //Something Good // My Beauty Cloud // La Vie Petite //Wealthy in Health // White Cabana // Mrs. on the Move // She’s All Smiles // Life Modifier // A Little Leopard // Don’t Stop Till You Get Enough // L is for Lucy // Cori’s Corner // Beauty and the Pitch // Dreams and Colour Schemes // Viciloves // Lights Camera Catwalk // Pattern Me Pretty // A Few of My Favorite Things // Chic Glamorous and Splendid // StyledbyKesha // Suzy Speaks // Luv in the Bubble // The Minimalist