In the second installment of my Round the World Packing List series, I’m sharing my Round the World Packing List: Cosmetics and Toiletries! After packing 6 months worth of clothes and accessories into my backpack, it was time to add my cosmetics and toiletries.
Choosing which makeup and toiletries was kind of like answering that Cosmo-quiz question, “If you were stranded on a deserted island, what one beauty item could you not live without?”
Obviously I brought more than one beauty item, but I had to seriously consider what were my “must-have” products and pack accordingly.
Round the World Packing List: Cosmetics and Toiletries
- Bobbi Brown Powder Foundation
- BB Cream
- MAC Lipstick in Show Orchid – My all-time favorite shade
- Eye brow creme
- Powder brush
- Hair brush
- Hair rubberbands
- Hair clips
- Bobby pins
- Curling wand – Make sure to have an adapter
- Travel-size shampoo
- Travel-size conditioner – Most hotels and Airbnbs do not offer conditioner and I have found it tricky to purchase abroad
- Travel-size hairspray
- Dry shampoo
If you noticed, I didn’t pack a hair dryer because the majority of our Airbnbs and hotels provide one. Plus, it would be way too heavy to carry around.
However I did opt to bring my curling wand because I can attempt to give it a little body even when it is super flat.
- Travel size face wash
- Face moisturizer (with SPF 15) – I purchased this in London since my skin was really dry
- Eye makeup/makeup remover wipes – These have been such a lifesaver!
- Travel-size body wash
- Travel-size loofah
- Razor + 3 extra blades
- Perfume from Zara – I purchased this in the Portugal because it was on $6 and I wanted a feminine touch
- Sunscreen – High SPF and a lot of it
- Contacts – I brought a lot since these would be very hard to replace
- Contact case
- Travel-size contact solution
- Visine – Super necessary for long flights and dry eyes
- Travel-size Febreze – This has been quite tricky to find abroad so pack ahead
First Aid Supplies:
I purchased a “pre-made” first aid kit that had band-aids, gauze, antibiotic ointment and a few other essentials then added my other supplies to it.
- Band-Aids – Various shapes and sizes
- Alcohol prep pads
- Surgical tape
- Small scissors
- Butterfly closures
- New-Skin Liquid Bandage – For bad cuts
- Pepto-Bismol tablets
- Cold medicine – Since we’ve been flying so much, we’ve already both caught slight colds and have needed to restock (super hard when all the pharamacies are closed in Paris on Sundays and holidays)
- Ciprofloxacin – Purchased abroad at a more cost effective rate
- Bug spray – Make sure it has deet
- Anti-itch creme
- Insect repellent bracelets – I seriously attract bugs so I will take every precaution I can find
- Travel-size tissues
- Hand sanitizer
- Wet wipes
- Any medications – I had to get a 6-month supply of my medicines in advance which required a little time speaking to my insurance company and a little extra money since my insurance wouldn’t cover the entire cost
As my journey continues, I will continue to update my Round the World Packing List: Cosmetics and Toiletries to include any additional products.